PoP

Default Competent person?

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 17:11:50 +0100, Andy Hall
wrote:

Via the ballot box......

I fear that is the only way.

Those who have been taking an active interest in this subject will be
aware that I have been writing to my MP about these new regs. Herewith
the final part of the saga.....

Last week I spent several hours researching the accident statistics
relating to electricity, as published on the RoSPA web site. I then
wrote a detailed and reasoned response to my MP, with questions about
where Nick Raynsford (the minister in charge) was getting his figures
from - Raynsford seemed to be justifying the new legislation in terms
of the number of lives saved, and I pointed out that it was curious
that the government were bringing in legislation to save more lives
than were being lost each year. I wanted to obtain copies of what
Raynsford was basing his decisions on.

I just got the reply back from my MP yesterday morning. It states "we
are not going to change the ministers mind on this subject so I am not
going to pursue it any further".

My MP, Andrew MacKay of the Bracknell constituency, has seen his
majority fall from over 10,000 to 5,000 at the last election. And with
the reply he's just given me about these new regs there's a good
chance it will plummet to at least 4,999 in the next election. I feel
he's just washed his hands of the affair, and I'm definitely up for
changing my MP to someone who cares a tad more about his constituents.

PoP