Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default PAT testing

In article ,
"Man at B&Q" writes:
On Jan 29, 2:33*pm, "whisky-dave" wrote:
At the time we were also told that nothing should go in to
use until
it has been PAT tested this included anything brought, and nothing could be
used
until tested.

That's just some local jobsworth imposing their own idea of elfin
safety. I've found exactly the opposite, where newly bought items
specifically did not need to be tested until the next scheduled visit
of the tester.

I wrote the procedure for a former employer some years back.
For things like desktop PC's, we basically never tested them.
Brand-new undamaged stationary IT equipment supplied with a
moulded-on mains plug was deemed to need testing every 4 years.
We aimed to pension them off before the first test was due, as
testing a 4 year old PC generally costs more than its worth at
that point.

--
Andrew Gabriel