Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Gas water heater, tank vs tankless

Joe wrote:
Can I get some opinions on which way to go here? Home is 3 1/2
baths, 4 occupants (so max of two showers running @ once)

tank water heater would need to be power vented, so 50gal is in the
$900 range, tankless could be moved to where water main enteres the
house, so direct vent would be the way to go which puts it just a
little more ($1k to $1,200). What size gas line do the extra btu's
of a tankless model require? the line from outside is about 60',
mostly straight.
Information, experience, (especially with specific brands with the
tankless) positives and negatives are all welcome. I know I'm going
with gas, but I'm just not sure which type of water heater to get.

"... tankless could be moved to where the water main enters the house..."

Huh?