Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Kool mist vapors?

The squirrel cage/centrifugal blowers are much more effective when trying to
direct air flow thru/along lengths of ducting or tubing. The forced air
furnace type blower (but a smaller version), will push or pull air very
effectively, as demonstrated when used with duct work associated with forced
air heating or cooling systems.

Fans work well enough when they need to move air from one side of a panel to
the other, but perform poorly when used with ducts.
I believe any duct with wavy or irregular walls would be especially bad when
utilizing an ordinary fan for air flow. There are specially designed
industrial axial fans that do a good job of moving air thru ducts, but the
typical computer/appliance fans deliver poor performance.

The weather might not be so great now, but soon your environment will
improve drastically. I've been as far north as San Francisco in September,
and it seemed to get really cold at night, but that was mainly because I
spent the previous couple of months in the LA area.
Here in western PA we're having some nasty, old fashioned winter weather.
The low temps were in the -7 to -5 F range for about a week straight and I
don't think the highs were even as much as 25 F.

--
WB
metalworking projects

"Stupendous Man" wrote in message
Since misting has been discussed here several times recently, I've been
wondering if an evacuation system could be utilized to minimize risk to
the folks that use mist, kind of like the removal of dust in a
woodworking shop is commonly done.

I have a system set up using a 6 inch muffin fan from a computer and some
motorhome sewer tubing that gets a large percentage of the smoke when i am
using soluable oil with water, but the mist is way too much volume for it
to get. I am going to have to do something, the windows only open to 1x2
feet, and a fan doesn't fit well.
I guess I would be better off wearing more clothing , the woodstove
blazing, and all windows open, but its been around 25 degrees in the
morning around here. No palms in this part of California.
--
Stupendous Man,