EmbErna

Default Arrgh! No more Jesada Dado Blades

In early september (3rd) I ordered a jesada 8" dado
blade from hartville tool, it's on their closeout item list.

I notice they still have the units on closeout. When I ordered
mine, the phone operator mentioned they had plenty (40 i think).

Go here and scroll to the bottom of the page to see the item.

http://tinyurl.com/q4e5

Pretty good deal too, 139.99

good luck.
mikey

DLGlos wrote:
Just have to vent a little. After much searching for a quality stack
dado to replace my crappy Delta 6" wobble, I finally placed a web
order for the 6" Jesada last week. This morning I get a call from a
Jesada rep telling me as of four weeks ago all of the 6" and 8" dados
have been sold, and their Italian supplier (CMT???) has gone tits up.
Currently they are debating to go with a slightly lower quality unit
sourced out of the UK for similar dollars, or a higher quality unit in
the price range of the Forrest. Either option will likely take a few
months to play out.

Now, I can't decide if I will cough for the 8" Freud Super Dado(4
tooth chippers, $170 at Amazon), or cheap out and get the regular 8"
Freud Dado (on sale at Rockler for $80). I'm not so worried about the
bottom of the dado being baby butt smooth as I am about minimizing
tearout along the edges; especially for hardwood plywood. If I
remember correctly, the super has 24 tooth main cutters while the
regular only has 20 tooth mains. I doubt the 4 missing teeth make that
much of a difference if I'm careful to keep the feed rate reasonable.
By definition, it does need to be square, although, that is one of the
reasons I'm buying a stacked dado.

The Forrest is out of contention simply due to dollar issues.

All thought and ruminations considered.

DLGlos