Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] mkirsch1@rochester.rr.com is offline

Default Battle of The Post Hole Diggers

On Jan 29, 3:00*pm, " wrote:
the power drive rotary one the auger lifts the displaced soil. can be
rented.

Get the one that has an attached trailer. I used on of those one-man
augers to drill 8 holes for a privacy fence... NEVER AGAIN.

It works quick in sandy soils like mine, but it's 15 seconds of sheer
terror...

There's no other way to work the thing except to ram it to full
throttle and hang on for dear life... Lucky I had sandy soil, but I
did find where the old farmer dumped his rocks in a wet hole... That
is, when the auger tried to rip my arms off!