Posted to rec.woodworking
Marty[_7_] Marty[_7_] is offline

Default (OT)somewhat-Be careful out there.

My sympathies but its not just ladders..... I was finishing off
my garage workshop with OSB on the interior walls
and was in the process of installing a small piece
near the top of the stairs to the attic. Had to
go down the stairs to make a cut, turned to go down
and went down two stairs instead of one lost my balance and down I
went (about 5 steps) to the floor. Landed on my
left foot, twisted and crack went my ankle!!!
Fortunately was a simple fracture, no skin broken,
but still needed surgery and one small plate and seven
screws later, I was screwed :-) for 3 months waiting for
healing and cast removals. That was last August and
the ankle is mostly healed now.

Just was not paying attention to what I was doing. I now have a section
of the hard cast screwed to the wall in my workshop to remind me to
pay attention to what I am doing.

Marty

basilisk wrote:
I fell off a ladder yesterday, too much stuff in the way, ladder too near
vertical, in too big a hurry.

I was putting up siding and got over balanced, fortunately I escaped with
one scraped up leg and a sore shoulder(the bad one of course).

I'm too old to be making these kind of mistakes.

Think, plan, take your time, there is only one of you.

basilisk