john carlson

Default What bandsaw blades?

Get a copy of Mark Duginske's "Bandsaw Handbook." It has a ton of
information about setting up and using a bandsaw, including advice on
how to choose the proper blades for the different sawing tasks.

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 20:16:50 -0400, "Eric Olsen"
wrote:

I am getting a new bandsaw with a 2 horse motor. I know very little about
the ins and outs of bandsaw blades and the type of cutting they do best. The
saw will handle from 1/8 inch to 1 inch in width. What type of blades should
I have? I will be doing some resawing and I will also want to cut some thin
veniers from certain woods. I of course will be using it for basic cuts as
well.

Any insight that keeps me from ruining good blades, wood or throwing away
money would be helpful
Eric

-- jc
Published e-mail address is strictly for spam collection.
If e-mailing me, please use jc631 at optonline dot net