Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos Harold and Susan Vordos is offline

Default Kool mist vapors?

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
snip----
You could fill it with peanut oil, like they do at Volkswagen, but I don't
know how they treat it. But don't take this seriously. They must have a
sophisticated atomizer of some kind, and the Kook-Mist rig probably won't
handle the viscosity. It sure works great for VW, however.

Boelube works that way, although you must use a Boelube device. Works great,
and is especially good on difficult to machine materials.

There were several epidemiological studies, mostly done in Europe, that
showed all kinds of problems resulting from mist coolant. However, I doubt
if they tried the Kool-Mist formulas, which are supposed to be benign.

I can't imagine any vapor being good for one's lungs---aside from water.
Too much of that can be a bad thing, too.

Harold