Edwin Pawlowski

Default What bandsaw blades?

"Eric Olsen" wrote in message
I am getting a new bandsaw with a 2 horse motor. I know very little about
the ins and outs of bandsaw blades and the type of cutting they do best.

The
saw will handle from 1/8 inch to 1 inch in width. What type of blades

should
I have? I will be doing some resawing and I will also want to cut some

thin
veniers from certain woods. I of course will be using it for basic cuts

as
well.

Any insight that keeps me from ruining good blades, wood or throwing away
money would be helpful
Eric

Check out Suffolk machine and ask them for what will suit your needs. In
general, three blades will do most of what you need. A resaw blade, a 1/4"
blade for most cutting and gentle curves, a 1/8" blade for more intricate
work with a tighter radius.

The folks at Suffolk have good prices, will know what works best for your
saw and can recommend blades best suited for your work. Get a set of Cool
Blocks, take time to set up the saw properly, and get a Quick Crank for
setting/relieving blade tension.
http://www.suffolkmachinery.com/
http://i-n-i.net/

Enjoy your new tool!