Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default Does somebody take posts off of this newsgroup if they don't like them?

On 2009-01-29, Terry Coombs wrote:
spaco wrote:
Last night I posted a caution about using overpriced electric heaters
to heat the shop. It never appeared. Where did it go? Can
someone take negative posts off the NG? If so, why do they allow posts
that "dis" Harbor Freight or those that tell horror stories about
tools, etc.?

More importantly, why do they allow all the political spew?
Horror stories about tools, or about Harbor Freight are at least on
topic.

I thought I had done a good job of using facts provided to me by the
media that ran one of the ads.

Pete Stanaitis

On my comp , your post showed up at 6:49 PM yesterday . Not all news
servers are created equal ... there have been times when my posts didn't
ever show up , but responses to them did . Some times there are gaps in
threads , sometimes everything works perfectly .

Absolutely.

As far as I know , the only one that can remove a post is the person that
wrote it - and I may be wrong , there's probably a way around that .

Also, the administrator of the news server on which the article
was originally posted can cancel it. But this is very seldom done, only
when you have a good news admin who has spotted a spam spew from his
server.

It sounds as though you are being a bit paranoid to think that
people canceled your articles.

DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564