Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] Dan_Thomas_nospam@yahoo.com is offline

Default Kool mist vapors?

On Jan 29, 3:23*pm, Jim Stewart wrote:
Stupendous Man wrote:
I have been doing quite a bit of lathe work using a kool-mist this week
and due to cold weather have the shop closed up. I came down with a flu
or something on day 2.
They spec sheet says it totally safe, but does anyone know something
different?
Maybe just the fact that I have been breathing a lot of water vapor
could make it easier to get sick?

I just saw an article on the subject, but can't
find it now. *The gist was that there seemed to
be more asthma-like symptoms and complaints where
it was used. *The problems were thought to be tramp
oil and mist out of ph specification rather than
uncontaminated fresh mist.

The one time I used it I got sick. The oil in it seemed to coat
my lungs and make trouble. I'll never use misted coolants again.

Dan