Posted to misc.consumers.house
Ron Peterson Ron Peterson is offline

Default What storm windows block outside noise?

On Jan 27, 9:11*pm, Tony wrote:

I want to soundproof my rooms as much as I can without spending a fortune.. I want to be able to open
the windows when it is nice out (if it isnt noisy) and be able to shut them to make it quiet. I also
live about 200-300 feet from a pretty major road and can hear a slight constant whirring from the
cars.

Casement windows have less air leakage, and depending on your climate
look at double or triple pane windows with thicker glass. If you get
casement windows make sure that when they open they aren't channeling
noise into your house.

Does anyone have any such windows that keep the noise (and cold) out of their home effectively that
they can recommend. I am one step away from selling my home because of these idiots behind me. But I
will do what I can first to avoid that. Oh, talking to then is out of the question. I need to take
action from my side.

Change your windows, it will help sell the house.

--
Ron