Posted to misc.consumers.house
ransley ransley is offline

Default What storm windows block outside noise?

On Jan 27, 9:11*pm, Tony wrote:
I have inconsiderate neighbors that insist on letting their dog bark for long periods of time
(sometimes after midnight til 4am). While I feel like I should shoot the dog, it isnt his fault. I
shoud kill the neighbors instead. But before I do....

I am looking to replace the windows in my house. They are probably 40 years old and aluminum. I know
they arent doing a good job because on cold nights like tonight, I can feel cold air coming through.
In the summer when these same idiotic neighbors are out in their yard (50 feet away from mine), I
can hear every word of their conversations even when my bedroom windows are closed.

I want to soundproof my rooms as much as I can without spending a fortune.. I want to be able to open
the windows when it is nice out (if it isnt noisy) and be able to shut them to make it quiet. I also
live about 200-300 feet from a pretty major road and can hear a slight constant whirring from the
cars.

Does anyone have any such windows that keep the noise (and cold) out of their home effectively that
they can recommend. I am one step away from selling my home because of these idiots behind me. But I
will do what I can first to avoid that. Oh, talking to then is out of the question. I need to take
action from my side.

Thanks.

First call the cops after 10 pm on the dog. Dual pane glass does
reduce sound. What heat zone are you , what you have now is honestly
crap in insulation value.