Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Clamp on multimeter question....

On Jan 29, 11:10�am, Brian wrote:
I bought a clamp �multi meter to read the current draw of several things around the house so I can
size a generator. I received no manual with the meter. My question is, on a 240 volt circuit �do I
take a reading from both 120 volt legs and add them together to get the total current draw ????

Thanks
Brian

the larger the generator the more fuel it uses even on a small load.
gasoline may be hard to get in a emergency gas stations depend on
electric to pump gas.

in a emergency you can rotate loads, you dont need everything on at
once.

lewave a little for a neighbor, so they wouldnt complain about the
noise

for off hours a inverter on your vehicles battery is a good silent
option