Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Ceiling spk mounts-will this work?

In article
,
wrote:

Am I the only one wondering what kind of surround sound system you can
get with ceiling speakers? It's it's 5.1 or 7.1 sound he's talking
about, the speakers are intended to be mounted at head hight when
you're seated. I've seen them from few feet off the floor to maybe 6
ft high in the wall, etc. But can't recall any home theater type set
up with them in the ceiling. Those are usually used for music
throught the house.

If they are going to be ceiling mounted, I'd say it comes down to how
heavy they are. I would not trust a plastic box and cover plate to
hold much.

He said "less than 1#." So I don't think he's looking for any audiophile
performance, anyway.