Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default DTV delayed

Smitty Two wrote:

I'd say for those few in rural areas who may lose a station or two,
first, don't cry about it, and second, if TV is *that* important, then
move. ...

For those rural areas that "station or two" may be _ALL_ the station(s)
there were...

TV isn't the end all of course, but there is value that satellite can't
replace (because the translators aren't uplinked) in local broadcasts.

I'll repeat -- I _DON'T_YET_KNOW_ what will happen in our area and won't
until the bewitching day when they do whatever it is they're going to
do. I've not sniveled; I've only commented on reality. What happens
then is what will be; I'm resigned to that as it's true in virtually all
areas from transportation to highspeed internet to health care
access--the rural areas are continually being further underserved as the
population becomes more and more urban and fewer congress-critters,
state and federal, have any connection whatsoever to the land.
Meanwhile, of course, the food and all is still expected to flow in from
the hinterlands in its unceasing plenty...