Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim2009[_2_] Jim2009[_2_] is offline

Default Re-Roof cost

"Mac" wrote in message newslbgl.7803$PH1.2853@edtnps82...
I have a 20 sq roof 12/4 pitch with 2 20ft valleys and my own supply of 3
tab shingles,nails etc. I received a quote of $2000 cash to tear off the 1
layer and apply the new shingles (they are on the ground lol) and a layer
of #15 tar paper, no drip edges. The roofer estimates
it will take 2 guys 2 days or approx 40 person hours to complete. This
works out to $50 an hour. Does this seem reasonable? Seems like a steal
for the roofer considering his helper is probably getting $15 an hour and
we are in the dead of winter.

Get two or three more estimates and compare.

Cheers,
Jim