Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Re-Roof cost

Mac wrote:
I have a 20 sq roof 12/4 pitch with 2 20ft valleys and my own supply of 3
tab shingles,nails etc. I received a quote of $2000 cash to tear off the 1
layer and apply the new shingles (they are on the ground lol) and a layer of
#15 tar paper, no drip edges. The roofer estimates it
will take 2 guys 2 days or approx 40 person hours to complete. This works
out to $50 an hour. Does this seem reasonable? Seems like a steal for the
roofer considering his helper is probably getting $15 an hour and we are in
the dead of winter.

Since you already have the shingles and feel you have a grasp of
contractor pricing, why not start your own company? I'm sure that $35/
hour will come in handy...after paying for truck and insurance,
liability insurance, licensing, restitution funds (if any), phones,
tools, advertising, etc. Hell, if you're lucky you might even make
more than your helper!