Posted to rec.woodworking
Woody[_6_] Woody[_6_] is offline

Default Plans/pics/ideas for a building Youth Bed.

Jim2009 wrote:
Hi all,

I have a 5 years nephew that often spends the weekend. I would like to
build him a bed (twin size). I was thinking about a train bed, but I'm told
he now thinks Thomas the Train is for babies! LOL. Anyways, I have decided
to stay away from theme beds. I would like to build a basic box bed with
some storage (maybe drawers underneath and a headboard with shelves). It
would be nice if the bed was some how fun for the child, maybe a canopy or
something. I can build about anything, but finding the right look or idea
could take me months.

Any good pics or plans out there?

Thanks for reading,
Jim

No plans, but lots of pictures he

http://www.woodwrecker.com/woodworki.../castle%20bed/

I finished and installed this for my daughters 5 days before my twin
sons were born. We had a local artist paint it. We'll be repainting it
to be more "boy friendly" and having them use it.

I'd argue that making it for "a child" will make it all the more
memorable and special. I suspect my daughters will *always* remember
their bed.

Doing it again, I'd build the turrets from 12" diameter PVC piping
versus plywood. Would save time *and* money.

Any questions, give a holler.

~Mark.