Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett Ed Sirett is offline

Default Close-coupling radiators

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 09:50:15 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

PeterC wrote:
SNIP

It works well. I did this in a GF's house where we needed a long,
curved rad.; it was expensive and on about 6 weeks' lead-time. I fitted
3 short rads. with the plumbing that you've suggested and the only
difference between those and another long rad. was that the first one
tended to heat up to some extent before the second one started, but in
fact the overall times were about the same.

I would have thought they would be a pig to bleed & attract air locks.
Is that not the case?

Not in my experience. There are a maximum of two bleed points the middle
(radiators) have no problem losing air to the end ones.