Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave - Parkville, MD Dave - Parkville, MD is offline

Default Plans/pics/ideas for a building Youth Bed.

On Jan 29, 3:06*am, "Jim2009" wrote:
Hi all,

I have a 5 years nephew that often spends the weekend. *I would like to
build him a bed (twin size). *I was thinking about a train bed, but I'm told
he now thinks Thomas the Train is for babies! *LOL. *Anyways, I have decided
to stay away from theme beds. *I would like to build a basic box bed with
some storage (maybe drawers underneath and a headboard with shelves). *It
would be nice if the bed was some how fun for the child, maybe a canopy or
something. *I can build about anything, but finding the right look or idea
could take me months.

Any good pics or plans out there?

Thanks for reading,
Jim

There is a guy who displays his beds on Lumberjocks. May give you
some ideas:

http://lumberjocks.com/jocks/wwbeds/projects