Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Edelenbos Ed Edelenbos is offline

Default Plans/pics/ideas for a building Youth Bed.

"Jim2009" wrote in message
Hi all,

I have a 5 years nephew that often spends the weekend. I would like to
build him a bed (twin size). I was thinking about a train bed, but I'm
told he now thinks Thomas the Train is for babies! LOL. Anyways, I have
decided to stay away from theme beds. I would like to build a basic box
bed with some storage (maybe drawers underneath and a headboard with
shelves). It would be nice if the bed was some how fun for the child,
maybe a canopy or something. I can build about anything, but finding the
right look or idea could take me months.

Any good pics or plans out there?

Thanks for reading,
Jim

I should have taken pics and kept the drawings I made... Just a few months
ago I made a loft bed for my son. He always loved to play on his sisters
bunkbeds. It has a shelf under for his computer/dvd player to go on, a book
shelf, and a good comfortable chair to read in.

Ed