Ron Magen

Default Arrgh! No more Jesada Dado Blades

'DL',

The only 'Dado cutter' I have is one I got YEARS ago, with an old B&D {a
real piece of tin !}tabletop saw. It isn't even unwrapped.

When I need a 'slot' cut in plywood, or stock, my tool of choice is a
ROUTER - -
a) I can see what I'm doing & where I'm going
b) No 'changing set-ups'
c) Depending on the depth/width of the 'slot', I can use either my 'Trim
Router' or the 1/2 inch 'D' handle.
d) The 'slot size' is 'infinitely variable'
e) I can spend my money on other things

'Tear out' is simple to control. The slot width is marked with a 'score
line' from a utility knife
A 'straight edge guide' is made for the router, NOT for the bit - but for
the CENTER of the router/baseplate. It's then a simple matter to 'adjust'
for any specific bit. There are also a number of other methodologies for
setting up cutting guides. The bottom line is, the slot can be cut to the
*exact* width you want, and the bottom will probably be relatively smooth.

And, Yes . . . I am CHEAP !!

Regards & Good Luck,
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop

"DLGlos" wrote in message
Just have to vent a little. After much searching for a quality stack
dado to replace my crappy Delta 6" wobble, . . .Jesada rep telling me . .

.. their Italian supplier (CMT???) has gone tits up.
SNIP
I'm not so worried about the bottom of the dado being baby butt smooth as I
am about minimizing tearout along the edges; especially for hardwood
plywood. . . .
The Forrest is out of contention simply due to dollar issues.

All thought and ruminations considered.

DLGlos