Posted to alt.home.repair
Eric in North TX Eric in North TX is offline

Default Still another garage door question

On Jan 28, 5:18*pm, "Bob-tx" wrote:
On our house garage, we have a double light weight steel door and a
Craftsman door opener.

Every time the temperature falls much below about 40 degrees, we
have a problem that only occurs when closing the door.

The door goes part way down and reverses. *It has done this for
years, and I can live with it because it seldom gets below 40
degrees here, but it would be nice to fix it, or at least know what
causes it.

I have lubricated the roller bushings, the door panel hinges, the
horizontal spring across the top, and the drive chain, using a can
of spray lube that says it is designed for garage doors (I know,
sucker). *The door goes up and down easily by hand and is quiet in
operation.

Any thoughts?

Bob-tx

Check the alignment light on your safety electric eyes at the bottom
of the track next time it happens.
Check them when it isn't happening for a baseline. Something could
move when the metal cools.