Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default A problem with a cd player

"N_Cook" wrote in message
Samuel M. Goldwasser wrote in message
"William Sommerwerck" writes:

As you get further into a disc, its rotational speed falls to
maintain
CAV.

I hate to jump on you, Arfa, because you are incredibly knowledgable,

but
CDs are CLV, not CAV.

Also, technically speaking, it should be "further out of a disc" (as

disks
are read from the inside out).

Nit picking.

--
sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header above

is
ignored unless my full name AND either lasers or electronics is included

in the

Linguistically shouldn't it be "farther out of a disc",
further for time,
farther for distance.

Any more nits?

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

I was talking time, hence my using the word "further". See my reply to
William.

Arfa