Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Car fuel consumption spreadsheet

"dmc" wrote in message ...

The 5,000-psi hydrogen storage tank is slightly scary as well - but then
everyone driving around with a plastic tank containing 10 gallons of
petrol is scary I guess..

If you get a hydrogen leak you end up breathing it in.. its not toxic but
should you see a hydrogen fire travelling towards you at high speed you had
better keep you mouth shut.

It is difficult to think of anything more pointless at this time than a
hydrogen fuel cell powered car. That will change when we have a lot
more power generated by nuclear and renewables. But that won't be for
at least another 15 years.

I can't really see prius type hybrids making massive gains either. I know
two people who bought a prius. Neither have them now :-)

Any person that wanted to make a difference would buy a smaller car.