Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel[_2_] Doctor Drivel[_2_] is offline

Default Car fuel consumption spreadsheet

"dmc" wrote in message ...
In article ,
Doctor Drivel wrote:

I agree we don't need Hybrids .. what we need is an escalation by
HMgov to roll out Hydrogen fuel refill points.
The Hydrogen fuelled car with no batteries is the single most
important invention for the automotive industry.
http://automobiles.honda.com/fcx-cla...fcx-works.aspx

The Honda is a hybrid.

Hybrid? Depends how you define that I guess - it certainly doesn't use any
petrol.

Fuel = hydrogen
propulsion = electric motor
Energy storage = battery
Energy conversion = fuel cell

Hybrid it is.

Much like lpg... storage of hydrogen isn't a really a problem

It is highly volatile

The reliability of the fuel cell? OK that can be overcome in time.

Not sure that's a major issue... how reliable are batteries in a prius?

8 year guarantee expected average life = 12 yrs.
This Honda has a battery pack too.

Honda has it in production and the sooner it reaches UK the
better .... ZERO emissions ....

Production? Where can we buy one?

Southern California IIRC

Not that know of.

IMO, hybrids are a bodge - fuel cells seem radical enough change that they
might just be the answer...

The biggest bodge is attempting to make a an agricultural oil burning engine
perform like a petrol engine using all sorts of crap around it.