Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bruce[_4_] Bruce[_4_] is offline

Default Car fuel consumption spreadsheet

(dmc) wrote:

Well, ok - maybe it's not *quite* that simple :-). It still seems to me the
most promising way of getting away from petrol/diesel in the near(ish)
future.

Someone just needs to work out a way of producing and distributing hydrogen
slush like they use on the shuttle :-)

Currently hydrogen is produced using electricity, over 80% of which is
generated by burning fossil fuels - therefore generating lots of CO2.

It is difficult to think of anything more pointless at this time than a
hydrogen fuel cell powered car. That will change when we have a lot
more power generated by nuclear and renewables. But that won't be for
at least another 15 years.