Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Painting Question Re Edges: Tape Or One Of Those "Edgers" ?

h wrote:
"Phisherman" wrote in message

That's what I do. I use a 1/2" brush along the edges. A little
time-consuming, but excellent results every time.

Agreed. I just have to remember not to drink any coffee that day so my hands
stay rock steady.

If you hand shakes too much you can use your left arm to steady your
right hand (or the opposite for southpaws). Prop your non-brush elbow
against the wall and loosely hold your brush arm a few inches down
from your wrist as you paint the ceiling cut line.

The other trick is to put the bulk of the paint on in one direction
and keep it a short distance from the cut line, then to reverse the
brush stroke to push the paint in the opposite direction up to the cut
line.