Posted to alt.home.repair
RonABC RonABC is offline

Default Up Flush toilets -- basement bathroom

Sharp Dressed Man wrote:
"RonABC" wrote in message
I am checking out options for putting a toilet and shower in a
basement where the horizontal sewer drain line is about 12 inches
above the floor line. I just started looking into "up flush"
toilets, etc. I also found this "Ask This Old House" YouTube video
where they show an up flush toilet being installed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X72TvsTEH-k (no need to watch it
unless you are curious; it's about 8 minutes long).

Anyone have any experiences with "up flush" systems? Any pros, cons,
thoughts, or suggestions that people could offer would be
appreciated. Thanks.

What about building up a platform to just above the drain line and
mounting the toilet on that? You could make a regular throne ;-)

Maybe, but to do so would be cutting it a little close in terms of the
ceiling height. Still, it's a possibility if needed.