Posted to uk.d-i-y
dmc dmc is offline

Default Car fuel consumption spreadsheet

In article ,
Doctor Drivel wrote:

I agree we don't need Hybrids .. what we need is an escalation by
HMgov to roll out Hydrogen fuel refill points.
The Hydrogen fuelled car with no batteries is the single most
important invention for the automotive industry.
http://automobiles.honda.com/fcx-cla...fcx-works.aspx

The Honda is a hybrid.

Hybrid? Depends how you define that I guess - it certainly doesn't use any
petrol.

Where do we get the hydrogen?

Same argument for LPG - it'll become common I suspect

Where do we store the stuff?

Much like lpg... storage of hydrogen isn't a really a problem

The reliability of the fuel cell? OK that can be overcome in time.

Not sure that's a major issue... how reliable are batteries in a prius?

Honda has it in production and the sooner it reaches UK the
better .... ZERO emissions ....

Production? Where can we buy one?

Southern California IIRC

IMO, hybrids are a bodge - fuel cells seem radical enough change that they
might just be the answer...

Darren