Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default Painting Question Re Edges: Tape Or One Of Those "Edgers" ?

Novel concept. You could just learn to cut a good clean line with
a brush.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hello,

Have to paint a bathroom ceiling with a fair number of corners.
Was thinking automatically that I would have to tape the
ceiling-wall junctions like I have always in the past.

But keep seeing on TV and at HD these "edgers" being offered.
Small flat piect of plastic with a thin foam like covering that
apparently you can use right next to a wall without getting any
paint of the wall. Hmm ?
Think they have a slight taper on them at their edges, but am
not sure of this.

Do they actually "work", or should one forget them and just tape
as usual ?

Seems it might be a bit messy loading them up with paint, and
getting rid of the excess.
The one on TV had a roller in the paint pan, which seems like a
good idea ?

Pros and cons of taping vs these gadgets ?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob