Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default A problem with a cd player

In article ,
Gaetan Mailloux wrote:
My friend was sure that the laser was burned, but I
decide to test his Kenwood cd player, wen I use commercial music cd it
work perfect, but wen I use burned cd-r music, this Kenwood cd player can
not play more than 7 track, after 7 track it do jerky sound with the
music, it look like it can not follow those track.

Any hints of what could be the problems ?

Home recorded CDs ain't the same as commercial ones and some CD players
simply can't cope with them. And re-recordable seem to be more prone to
these problems than use once types. Think it's to do with the type of
reflective layer. Strangely, very old ones seem ok - I have an early
Philips dating from the '80s which does. Newish ones should be ok too.
It's the inbetweens that can be a problem.

--
*Learn from your parents' mistakes - use birth control.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.