Posted to misc.consumers.house
KLS KLS is offline

Default House insulation testing ?

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 02:48:03 GMT, aemeijers wrote:

Next project, once I
figure a painless cheap way to do it, is to insulate exposed part of
foundation and crawlspace, currently a major heat loss spot. (raised ranch)

Painless, but maybe not cheap, would be to hire out a company to spray
polyurethane closed cell foam insulation in that area. I'm having a
company come out Thursday to give me a price on doing the box band of
my drafty 1930 house. I think this will return priceless dividends
and am hoping to get a quote under $1k (a colleague had his house done
for $700, but I'm not sure how large his house is relative to mine
other than it's smaller). The same colleague told me he found the
closed cell foam to be a far better insulator than the open cell
icynene stuff.