Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default how quickly can a furnace raise house temp 20F?

Eric in North TX wrote:
On Jan 25, 7:53 pm, dpb wrote:
KLS wrote:
Just had the blower motor replaced on our York furnace this morning.
Outside temps were 20F today with some wind. The new motor was
assigned the task of warming the house from 45F to 65F. This took it
7 hours, which seems like a long time.
How many degrees per hour is a usual rate of temperature rise for gas
forced-air furnace?

2(+/-) F/hr unless _WAY_ oversized would be pretty typical....you're
about right sounds like.

--

I guess mine is way oversize, i can pick up easily 10 degrees per 1/2
hour. I have the unoccupied downstairs set to 55 over night, & brought

Hmm,
Oversized furnace won't be very efficient.