John

Default toilet Cistern leak

The "Overflow" is now termed a "Warning Pipe" - to let you know something is
wrong.

Although you can adjust the level, it is often a sign that the washer /
diaphragm has become pitted due to the constant blasting by water at high
pressure.

I suggest that you get a repair kit.

--

Regards

John

"Douglas Sey" wrote in message
I have a low level toilet cistern, which has never been any bother until
just the other day. For some strange reason the level within the cistern

is
now rising too high and makes an exit out of the overflow pipe, which
unfortunately is leaking from a small joint.
What is likely to be causing the water to be rising about an 2 centimetres
higher than it ever did before. And if I could manage to stem the leak

from
this overflow pipe with some tcp tape, should I not worry about the water
level?

Thanks in advance
douglas

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.