Posted to alt.home.repair
Douglas Johnson[_2_] Douglas Johnson[_2_] is offline

Default OT Plane Crash because of Birds

Harry K wrote:

So making an emergency landing onwater is an everyday thing? Care to
do a search on just how many big passenger plane "water landings" come
off with an intact airplane and no fatalities? I know of only two.

No, it is not an everyday thing. I'm really glad. But it is only trivially
different from landing on land. You leave the gear up and you try to keep the
nose up as long as you can.

The captain did a really nice job, don't get me wrong. But as a pilot, I view
the actual aircraft handling as routine.

The airplane was not intact. It lost an engine and some bottom panels. But it
was in pretty good shape.

-- Doug