Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Leaky Dishwasher

On Jan 26, 9:16*pm, "Tomes" wrote:
Hi Folks,
We have the leaky dishwasher, a Maytag perhaps from the late 70s, perhaps
more recent as we have only been here for 12 years. *It does not happen all
of the time, only maybe one out of 3 or 4 times we use the unit. *What we
find is on the floor there is a river of water, not a flood, and the amount
varies. *There is no water underneath or behind. *It happens not early in
the cycling, but later on, either in the rinsing or the drying phases. *We
use the granular Cascade detergent.

I replaced the main gasket around the door to no avail. *While doing this I
really cleaned the dirt both under the gasket and where the gasket meets up
with the frame.

The water must be coming from somewhere else, but where? *Is there another
gasket somewhere on that door? *I seek clues or better from this post.
Questions for clarification are welcome.

Thanks folks,
Tomes

Fixed my old Maytag leak by tightening up the latch a bit. Lasted out
the decade.

Joe