Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default (OT)somewhat-Be careful out there.

Phisherman wrote:

Ladder safety starts when you buy the ladder. Ask a friend for help
in spending 10 minutes or so examining the ladder to buy. Look for
damage, cracks, missing rivets (amazing how many I have found). My
purchase took quite some time, took 4 ladders to find one without
defects. "Inspection stamps" should not make you feel better.

Many moons ago I bought a wooden 2' step stool. The metal folding
spreader bars on either side were installed upside down so gravity and
any movement of the ladder would let the spreaders start creeping
towards a soon-to-be-ass-on-the-ground position. Looking back on it,
I can't believe how long I held onto that stupid ladder and how stupid
that made me.