Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel[_2_] Doctor Drivel[_2_] is offline

Default Petrol or Diesel car?

"clumsy *******" wrote in message
"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

you have possibly made a point about complexity and possible potential
repair bills if you buy an older car, the rest is fantasy in my
experience.

You must in fantasy land to tell yourself such lies and believe them.

you are becoming tedious,

You mean I am lacing you with pure logic.

road tests tell me the Prius is nothing special
for fuel consumption.

The new Prius is 60mpg mixed. You have been told that many times but it does
not sink in. BTW, I hate BMWs and Mercs. I will not have a tattoo to drive
one. knobheads cars! Nothing personal.

You go on about complex diesels and choose
instead one of the most complex modest cars on the road.

You have already been told. The Prius is not complex at all. There is less
components in it - not even an in-line gearbox. It is just that your mind
can't figure it out.