Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel[_2_] Doctor Drivel[_2_] is offline

Default Petrol or Diesel car?

"clumsy *******" wrote in message
"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

Of course if you do 100mph for 100 miles it will do around 38-40 mpg, but
average driving is what matters and it is unbeatable in mpg, especially in
towns and cities. 65mpg around London.

in other words its "alright" for what its designed for, mostly city
centre driving. Driven in a the normal mix of motorway and town you
can get almost the same consumption from a Cooper S!

Read what I wrote!!! Stop telling yourself lies and believing them. I wrote
"but average driving is what matters and it is unbeatable in mpg". In pure
city driving it is unbeatable. Then to drive it, is the best - seamless
ansd swish.

A Cooper is tiny compared to a Prius, which is a sizable car.

The new sportier looking Prius, which in the US urban/highway test does
60.24 (UK). It will do more around cities only probably about 70mpg. About
10 secs 0 to 60mph if that turns you on.
http://www.hybridcars.com/news/2010-...mpg-25414.html