Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bruce[_4_] Bruce[_4_] is offline

Default Petrol or Diesel car?

"Bob Mannix" wrote:

I hired a Skoda Octavia diesel estate - it was completely flawless and the
fact that it was a diesel was, to all intents and purposes, undetectable. A
very good car if you are after vfm, I would say.

I own a Skoda Octavia diesel estate, and it certainly doesn't resemble
your description. It is noisy and harsh, with plenty of vibration.

There's nothing wrong with it. It has been this way from new, and they
are all like this. The same comment applies to VW, Audi and SEAT cars
using the same 1.9 and 2.0 litre VAG diesel engines.

But in its favour, it is reliable and economical. Ours has done 130,000
miles and still runs like new - it was noisy and harsh even then!