Posted to uk.d-i-y
robert robert is offline

Default Renovating a kitchen

In message , "george (dicegeorge)"
writes

Doctor Drivel wrote:
"robert" wrote in message
news

We are about to start work on renovating our kitchen.

On outside walls strip off plaster and install foam insulation
against the brick. Kingspan and Celotex do this with some refinished
plaster.

Why strip the plaster?
Why not attach the kingspan to the exisitng plaster,
then put the vapour barrier on the inside of the kingspan?

Isnt plaster permeable?

Or would condensation occur there?

Is the removal of the plaster just to gain an inch of space?

Given that cavity wall insulation is in place I wonder if the
installation of the additional foam layer would produce a verifiable
measurable benefit with a payback that will compensate for the work
involved.

--
Robert