Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick[_6_] Rick[_6_] is offline

Default HELP PLEASE - What Loft Insulation

On 26 Jan, 21:36, Cicero wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 21:16:56 +0000, chris French wrote:
In message , Cicero
writes
On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 12:50:13 +0000, chris French wrote:

In message , Tim S
writes
Rick coughed up some electrons that declared:

Hi,

Can any of the subscribers recommend me a good loft insulation *for a
semi-detached two story family house please.

snipped

In the end I just applied for a grant via my gas supplier and let the
installers install stuff - plain old fibre glass with a bit of blown
Warmcel (the recycled paper stuff) in a hard to access bit.

snipped
Did your professional installers make any provision for avoiding wiring if
there is any there? *This seems to come up as a problem every time
insulation is discussed.

They didn't , but then the only wiring is for the lighting circuit, and
the load on the cable is such that it won't matter if it covered up.

The chaps who did it were pretty good, did a neat job, no mess. I'm sure
if I'd asked them they would have laid the wiring over the top where
possible.

Thanks for the reply. That confirms what I was hoping to hear. I used
TLC's calculator and the result suggests that lighting circuit wiring can
be ignored unless you're running a cannabis farm in the bedrooms below.

Cic.

Using Ubuntu Linux
Windows shown the door

Thanks for all the advice, picked up some Space Blanket, half price
from B&Q as suggested

Cheers

Gary