Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Karcher pressure washer loses pressure...

On 1/26/2009 3:57 PM sammybar spake thus:

My Karcher pressure washer loses pressure very quick. As a result when
standby the motor restart the operation constantly for a few seconds.
When operating the washer is fine and the pressure OK.
A guy said it is a matter of a "seal" that needs replacement. He said
it is an easy task. I have been googling for a while but it is no
information on Karcher web site on repairing or servicing its
machines.
Does anybody did such a repairing? Any indications, hints available
online? Any part catalog for Karcher is available online?

I repaired a Karcher washer not long ago. Had a hell of a time trying to
find parts; finally ended up getting them from a little bitty place
waaaay up in Pinole (anyone familiar with the San Francisco Bay Area
will know how out of the way that is) that sold and serviced small gas
engines.

The Karcher site does have very good documentation for their washers,
including exploded diagrams that make it pretty easy to locate the
parts. I think the part I had to replace was a seal.

mostly pears.
Made With Pears: Pretty good chance that pears will be detectable in
the product.
Contains Pears: One pear seed per multiple tons of product.

(with apologies to Dorothy L. Sayers)