Posted to alt.home.repair
Eric in North TX Eric in North TX is offline

Default Motion Sensor for kitchen light issue

On Jan 26, 6:12*pm, " wrote:
I switched to a T-9 fluorescent light fixture in my kitchen. *Prior to
that I had a light fixture with 3 75W compact fluorescent bulbs
connected to a motion sensor. *Well, for some reason the new
fluorescent T-9 bulbs flicker when activated with the motion sensor
switch. *The compact fluorescent bulbs never had this issue. *The new
fluorescent has an electronic ballast and 1 T-9 22W and 1 T-9 32W
bulbs. *Would a place like Lowe's carry a motion sensor for this
fluorescent light fixture? *The motion sensors in the store all said
they'd work for fluorescent bulbs at least ones with magnetic ballasts
but mine is electronic.

Thanks
JaKe

Rather pointless, the real savings with fluorescent comes form leaving
them on. They draw very little current running, but have a startup
load like a motor. Motion sensors are better teamed with incandescent.