Posted to uk.d-i-y
vbleau vbleau is offline

Default anyone got an electric aga?

On 26 Jan, 22:55, Bruce wrote:
vbleau wrote:

Not sure how *diamond encrusted mobiles or Rolls-Royce cars fit in.

It is called "conspicuous consumption". *In your case, it is conspicuous
consumption of electricity. *

Don't you feel just a teeny weeny bit guilty about all the CO2 emissions
that will be produced by the power stations that supply the National
Grid, and therefore your grossly inefficient, astonishingly power-hungry
electricity-gobbling monster oven? *

There is every reason why you should.

Guilty?No. It is not really an oven it's a radiator that is on all the
time meaning I will switch off most of the ones in my house that are
on all the time currently in my house in a cold part of the world.
Conveniently I will also be able to cook food in it, better than any
of the many ovens I have owned over the years (except my old aga)