Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett Ed Sirett is offline

Default Using green/yellow as switched live

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 00:02:07 +0000, Mike wrote:

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 10:46:49 +0000, David Hansen
wrote:

On 24 Jan 2009 15:01:24 GMT someone who may be "Bob Eager"
wrote this:-

The difficult bit was getting cable with the right rating and number of
cores. In the end I went to the local plumbers merchant, and even they
struggled. In the end they found me a 'reel end' and I got it for a
pound!

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/CA0dot75F7.html has six cores
plus protective conductor. That should be fine for most household
systems. Unused cores can be terminated and left spare.

While six cores plus cpc is suitable for Y plans - I've used it myself,
unfortunately you need seven plus cpc for S plans. I'm not aware of any
supplier of this.

Uh! I wire up all sorts of controls and have never needed more than 5+E.