Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default HELP PLEASE - What Loft Insulation

coughed up some electrons that declared:

On 26 Jan,
GMM wrote:

This spaceblanket stuff always looks attractive to me, particularly as
it leads to a lot less itchy stuff floating about the loft! What
niggles slightly in the back of my mind is all the advice I've seen
(mostly on this group) about ventilation in loft spaces - Doesn't the
plastic wrap essentially make a barrier to vapour dispersal compared
with bog-standard fibreglass? Or doesn't it matter really? I guess
the same would apply to the silver bubble-wrap that the OP
suggested....

I got th impression when I installed some that there are microperforations
in the plastic wrap.

Much better IMO than the loose stuff. The slightest exposure gets it right
up my nose (and skin, etc....)

http://www.secondnatureuk.com/